Monday, November 6, 2017

Awesome week

Hello Family and Friends!
These weeks are just flying by! I cannot believe that it is already November. Weirdly enough though this week went by fast but I can't even remember all that has happened. There is always just so much everyday! It was an awesome week though that was literally FILLED with so many miracles! God is so good!
We were able to go to the temple on Halloween night and that was awesome. Our entire mission (160 missionaries)  was at the temple that night and it was such a privilege to be able to be in the temple and to feel of the peace and love that always comes from God. It made me think about how the things of the world are not lasting but the things of God last for eternity. If we really think about all the vastly important things are things that last forever. The way that we love others and our families on earth will be taken with us into the eternities. I know that the things of God are what we need to be focusing our life around and that when we do that everything will work out.
The work has really progressed within this last week and that has been such a blessing. We were able to teach a man that has had the lessons before but took time away from the church. One day he was driving and he saw two elders on the street. He talked with them for a bit and the elders told us to go visit him! We were able to meet and have a lesson with him on Saturday. It was so cool because he already knows the church is true but he just wants to have a better life. The spirit really does lead us missionaries to be in the right place in the right time.
We were able to go to Sandy Valley this week and we had such an awesome day there! We had an experience in Sandy Valley that really just testified to me that the gospel is so essential for our life. We were giving a church tour to a new investigator in Sandy Valley and it was going really well. We totally thought that he believed in Christ but when we sat down to have a lesson about the Plan of Salvation we were totally blindsided. He started talking about how he didn't believe in God and how he thinks the only reason that we are on earth is to have fun and then we just died. My mouth literally fell open and I was so shocked. Lol it actually turned out to be a really awesome lesson filled with powerful testimony from Sister Fitzsimonds and I. After the lesson I just really felt so grateful that I know that God knew me before this life, he knows me now and that if I choose him and follow him than I will be able to live with him again. Guys, Heavenly Father knows you (Alma 18:32) and he wants us to be able to feel of his love and for us to have all the blessings that he has for us. That's why we came to earth; to get a body and to learn, grow and receive the blessings that God has for us. He has so much in store and planned for us. We can have access to it all through living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation!
I love you all!
Sister Camilleri


No comments:

Post a Comment