Monday, August 21, 2017

Back in Vegas Week 5!

Hello family and friends!
I hope that this week has treated you well! Thankfully this week went by a lot faster than last week and I was incredibly grateful for that. We are going into the last week of the transfer and I cannot believe it. My companion goes home next week so I will for sure be getting a new companion and Im a little nervous for that but I know all will be well and fanstatic!
This week was so good! I need to get a grip on my emails because I just dont have a good way of writing them yet so sorry that this one will be once again different. Bear with me guys...lets talk about the miracles we saw this week and the things I learned!

Monday
We went to go teach the Young Women's President about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she happened to invite a woman who recently moved into the area to the lesson. She is a member of the church who hasnt been to church in 34 years. She recently went through some tough things and felt like it was time to go back to the place where she started her relationship with God. It was awesome. As we were teaching her about the restoration you could just tell that she was soaking in everything that we were saying. We gave her a Book of Mormon at the end of the lesson and told her she could mark it up. She was so excited. We should all feel that excited to read the Book of Mormon including myself and that was a good reminder for me.
Tuesday
Nothing super exciting happened to us on Tuesday. We had a lady yell at us when we were leaving dinner with a member because we were in an apartment complex and we apparently werent supposed to be there. I was like bye girl bye we are coming from dinner. Then she got in her little golf cart and rode off and almost ran into a car. Karma.
Wednesday
We had an amazing lesson with our investigator named Andrea!  Seriously it was so good. We had a member  that she knew come with us and that made the lesson like 110% better. We were talking about the Gift of the Holy Ghost. As we were talking to her you could literally see the light bulbs going off in her head. It was so cool and then we started talking about how we are made in the image of God and about how Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings and she loved that. Oh man it was just so good! Miracles!
Thursday
We weekly planned for most of the day and that is always like good and super lame at the same time. We went over to our Relief Society presidents house and as we were leaving her neighbors were outside.One of them asked us if we were preaching the good word and we were like yes its pretty great! He came over to us and told us his life story, asked us to pray for him, and said that he wanted to learn more. It was so awesome. We will meet with him this week so hopefully it goes well. We are a little weary though because he lives with some preachers and we dont want to go over there and get bashed so pray for us lol.
Friday
WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE! It was a blessed day and an amazing experience and I want to go back. So so so so good! It felt good to be back in the Las Vegas temple again too!
Saturday
This day was rough. No one answered. The ultimate struggle. The ray of sunshine came from the one lesson that we had with a recent convert/less active and they offered us chocolate. Miracles.
Sunday
ANDREA CAME TO CHURCH. It was so good. I was so grateful. She loved it and so did her kids! Guys. It was awesome. I dont even know how to explain it! All the messages were perfect for her as well! It was just meant to be!

It was a good week my peeps. Im looking forward to what this one holds. It will be full of a lot of greatness. I can feel it. Plus its my companions last week as a fulltime missionary so it has to be amazing.

I have been reading from the Doctrine and Covenants a lot lately and I have been loving it. There are so many amazing things in there that I had never before realized. My testimony of Joseph Smith and his call to be the first prophet in this last dispensation has grown so much as I have been reading the Doctrine and Covenants. Joseph Smith withstood the test of times with so much faith and endurance. I know that He was a prophet and that because of him we have so many truths restored today. Thank goodness for that! I love you all so much! I hope you have a good week!

Sister Camilleri

No comments:

Post a Comment