Monday, August 7, 2017

Back in Vegas week 3 and emergency transfer

This week was a crazy week. When I say crazy I mean CRAZY. Wednesday I got emergency transferred to the West Oquendo Ward in the Spring Mountain Stake. Guys that was hard. I was just getting used to the Charleston ward and the area and then bam out of nowhere we get emergency transferred to Spring Mountain. I'll share you all the details but let's just say that Wednesday and Thursday were insane and I was slightly a mess. Wednesday we were busy. I had about 20 minutes to pack up all my stuff and drive to South Vegas before we had two lessons back to back. We went to those lessons and it was seriously by the blessings of the Lord that we got through those. Thursday was a pretty uneventful day. We weekly planned and had a lesson with an investigator who is the most talkative old guy I have ever known. He is awesome though. On Friday I had interviews with President Walker. I have really come to love and appreciate President Walker. You can tell just by the way that they talk that they care so deeply about us missionaries. I was talking to him and I realized kid conversation what is was that I needed to do in order to help myself. I literally looked at him and said "ya know President I really just need to get over myself" he kinda shrugged and went on to tell me a story about a woman from his ward that basically  told herself that everyday. I realized that I just need to get out of my own way. Seriously that is something we all need to do. I plan on telling myself to get out of my own way for the rest of my life. Choosing to overcome is one of the best things that we can do for ourselves. I'm grateful for that bit of revelation I received.
On Saturday we had another lesson with a investigator. This guy is seriously so knowledge probably almost to much for his own good. We had such an informational lesson with him about "our abrahamic sacrifice" (it sounds deep for an investigator but not this guy I promise)
The moral of the story was basically everyone has to make sacrifices that help them come closer to our savior and to our Heavenly Father. They will be different sacrifices but nonetheless they are sacrifices and they mean something. What will you sacrifice in order to grow closer to God? It was just really awesome to think about the things we sacrifice and why we sacrifice that things that we do. I know that every sacrifice that we make for our Heavenly Father is seen by him and will allow us to grow closer to Him.
Also can we just talk about how blessed I am? Seriously. Sometimes the mission field and the way this transfer has gone feels really lonely and feels really confusing. I am so blessed though because my Heavely Father has shown me that change is good and that the gospel is true no matter where you are. The work of God is progressing. I have good people surrounding and supporting me. Shout out to you all!
Also my new companion Sister Tew goes home in three weeks. Aka I have to learn the area in three weeks. Pray for me y'all. 
Love, 
Sister Camilleri

No comments:

Post a Comment