Thursday, August 17, 2017

Back in Vegas Week 4!

Hey Guys! This week felt like the longest week of my life but whats new. We had a pretty good week. Let me just give you the quick run down. 
Monday: We had a lesson with an investigator who has been taking the lessons for a couple of months. Our lessons are always long with her because we all talk to much. The lesson started on a rough note and I basically was like if you dont keep your commitments then you will never know if what we are sharing with you is true. This is the point in the lesson where it got a bit shaky but then literally out of nowhere I was so overwhelmed with this feeling of love that God has for her. As we were ending the lesson we shared our love with her and I started crying. I could forsure feel the love. Nothing feels better than feeling the love. lol. 
Tuesday: Every week we go and do service at an old peoples home usually we play bingo. (anyone that knows me know that I cringe at the thought of an old peoples home..no offense) We get there and everybody is playing bingo but this one woman wants me to come and help her paint a rock. I go over to her, talk to her and help her with her rock. Then this older man who volunteers at this place came and sat down to paint his rock. Next thing you know we get talking and he starts telling me about how his wife died 6 months ago and how he was really taking hard but he volunteered because this is what his wife would do. I started talking to him about his religious beliefs and testified that he would in fact be with his wife again. As he was leaving I gave him a plan of salvation pamphlet and told him he should have the missionaries come and talk to him. He just kept saying thank you and was really grateful for our conversation. Hopefully I get to see him again when we go back today to play bingo. 
Wednesday: We were on exchanges on wednesday. I was with my sister training leader Sister Hansen. It was awesome. We talked and she help me just have a better understanding on some things. It was fantastic. I love her. We were able to teach a less active member while I was with her in her area. We talked about Joseph Smith. He brings so much strength to me. I am so grateful for everything he endured in order to restore the church. 

This email has become massively long so sorry about that...Ill just finish telling you super quickly about the rest of our days
Nothing super exciting happened thursday, friday or saturday. Those were the long days. 
Sunday: We got two new investigators! We had a lesson with a former investigtor and his fiancee. It was awesome. They are neighbors with a member so we took her along with us. They are really open minded and want to hear more! We are excited to see where it goes! 

It was a pretty good week! We get to go to the temple this week so I am really looking forward to that. This is church is true there is no doubt about it. We just have to be willing to find the answers to our questions and give the gospel a shot. We seriously have nothing to lose. Being a missionary is good! Im starting to get the hang of it again! 
I love you all!
Sister Camilleri

No comments:

Post a Comment