Sunday, June 28, 2015

Deciding to Serve

The decision to serve a mission isn't always an easy choice to make. However it is a choice and I decided to be a servant to Lord after many prayers and a lot of tears. Serving a mission was something that I always wanted to do but I didn't know if it was in the cards for me or not and whether it was actually a possibility. It wasn't until the missionary age change that I started to seriously think about serving a mission. I personally believe that deciding to serve a mission and serving a mission is a very personal decision. I didn't want to feel persuaded to serve; I wanted to do it because i sincerely believed that it was the right decision for me. I think that the hardest part about deciding to serve a mission are all the insecurities that come along with it. How am I supposed to survive 18 months without my family and closest friends at my constant side? How am I supposed to be an active servant of the Lord when I can't even get my life in order? How am I supposed to help people come unto Christ when my faith is still a work in progress? There were a lot of personal doubts that came along with finally deciding to serve a mission. However the one thought that always helps drive out the negative thoughts is that by submitting myself to the will of our Heavenly Father I will be eternally blessed as well as helping others spin their wheels in the heads to an eternal salvation that they may not have had without me there. With only two weeks left until I leave to serve my mission in the Nevada Las Vegas Mission I could not be more sure of myself and my decision to serve. Even leaving what I have known for 19 years behind I am so excited for what Nevada holds for me and I could not be any happier with Heavenly Fathers plan for me.

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes Lauren! You will do amazing!
    Love always! Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get r dun nugget...remember to teach with the spirit ...think with the spirit...stay close to the spirit....love all people...luv you more than language can express....XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were born to do great things little sis. Remember to serve with all your heart. I have no doubt you will be a great missionary. J and I will be writing weekly. ���� love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete