Monday, January 1, 2018

its feeling like christmas

Hello Family and Friends!
It is finally starting to feel like christmas and I am so happy about that! Sister Fitzsimonds and I had a really awesome week this week! There are so many highlights that I can share this week!
We were finally able to set a baptismal date for one of our investigators Miguel! He is from Sandy Valley which is the branch that we serve in. His step daughter just left on on mission about 2 months ago and when she left he decided that he wanted to start taking the lessons. When we first met with him, he was eager to learn about the gospel but he wasnt really sure about baptism. We had a lesson with him this week about the temple and how his family can be together forever if he participates in the saving ordinances that are necessary for our salvation. We asked him to be baptized on January 13th and he said yes! We were so excited for him! I really hope that I dont get transferred before his baptism. That would be so sad. His family is all really excited for him. It is going to be so awesome. Miguels lesson taught me a lot about the importance of the temple. I am so grateful for the temple! The peace and comfort that we can feel there is like nothing else. Even walking on the grounds makes you feel good.
We have been teaching two kids for the last couple of weeks and it has been so awesome. We have been a little weary about teaching them because their parents have been really nice but havent officially said that they were okay with us teaching them. This week we had a miracle happen with them! We were able to start teaching one of their moms! It was really awesome and she was really prepared to meet what us. It was really cool and the kids came to church as well! It was a really awesome week.
Today in my personal study i was reading in Alma 7. It was a really good study for me about Christ and his sacrifice for us. You guys should read it! My favorite scripture today was Alma 7: 15
Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism.
I love how it talks about how we can lay aside our sins and everything that gets in our way and just come unto christ. I love this gospel so much! I hope that you guys are feeling the christmas spirit! If you dont read it from the bible or book of mormon!

love you all! 
Sister Camilleri


No comments:

Post a Comment